This help page demonstrates how to upload your organization's Skydio flight logs to AirData. The process is broken up into the four following steps:
- Enabling data capture on Skydio
- Generating your Skydio API key
- Entering your Skydio API key on AirData
- Uploading Skydio logs to AirData
1. Enabling data capture on Skydio
Log in to your Skydio account and click on "General" in the "Settings" section. If it is not already enabled, please enable "GPS & Telemetry" under "Data Capture".
2. Generating your Skydio API key
To generate your Skydio API key, go to "Settings" -> "API Tokens" and click on "Generate New Token".
Please provide a name for the token — we recommend naming it "AirData". Be sure to click on "Add" after you enter the name.
Please copy your new API key that appears on the next screen.
3. Entering your Skydio API key on AirData
Log into AirData from a web browser and go to "My Account" -> "Skydio Login", or click here. Next, click on "Add a new Skydio API key".
From the dropdown, select the default pilot for this API key. Skydio provides the pilot email for each flight via the integration. If the same email address is configured on AirData, the same pilot will be the Pilot-in-Command on AirData. Otherwise, if the email address provided for a flight by Skydio does not exist on AirData, the default pilot selected here will be assigned to flights retrieved using this API key.
Normally, if all configured pilots have the same email addresses on both Skydio and AirData, this setting will not be used, and the correct pilot will be assigned for each flight on AirData based on the information provided by Skydio.
Paste the newly generated API key and click on "Save/Verify".
4. Uploading Skydio logs to AirData
Now that your Skydio API key is on AirData, your Skydio flight logs will now be brought into your AirData account from Skydio Cloud. To upload your flights to Skydio Cloud, follow these steps:
After completing a flight...
- Sign in to the Skydio Enterprise app or Enterprise Controller using your Skydio Cloud organization registered user name and password, allowing the flights to transfer from the Skydio 2/2+ Enterprise or Skydio X2 to your controlling device. This may take a few minutes, the exact time varies based on the number and length of flights, and the strength of your wireless network connection.
- Open the Skydio Enterprise app on your device (while connected to the internet), and allow the flights to sync with Skydio Cloud, which normally takes a few minutes. The time varies based on the amount of data to upload and the strength of your Internet connection.
- Flights will automatically synchronize between Skydio Cloud and AirData when you view your AirData flight list from a web browser for the first time that day. If you view your flight list multiple times in a day, click on "Sync" next to the pilot's API Token to force a sync between Skydio Cloud and AirData. If you do not view your flight list daily, automatic synchronization will occur weekly.
To ensure that your Skydio Cloud account is properly provisioned to sync flight data, please see the Skydio article How to set up AirData UAV Integration.
|Comment Section||Sort by: