The AirData UAV Android app will automatically sync the logs on your Smart Controller with your AirData account. This help article explains how to download the AirData UAV app and sync flight logs from the following flight apps:
- DJI GO 3
- DJI GO 4
- DJI Pilot
- DJI Fly
Downloading the AirData UAV app
- On Smart Controller, click the 'Applications' icon:
- Click "Lightning Browser" to open the web browser:
- In the browser window, click the URL bar at the top, and type https://airdata.com/ad, then 'GO':
- After the page opens up, click the 'Download AirData' link, then click 'Download' in the following confirmation popup: (version number will be different)
- Once the file has been downloaded, swipe from the top of the screen down to access the notification panel: (version number will be different)
- In the notification panel click on the bubble icon:
- Click on the recently download apk file (filename will be different) to install the AirData app.
- In the package installer click 'INSTALL':
- Once the app is installed, click 'OPEN':
- In the pop-up, please allow the Aidata app to access this device location
Logging in to the app
Open the newly installed AirData UAV app and enter the credentials used on the web portal to log in.
IMPORTANT: The pilot that is logged into the AirData app when flights are conducted will be who the flights are assigned to when they are uploaded to AirData. If multiple pilots use the same phone/tablet, it's imperative that each pilot log in to the AirData app before they conduct flights, and log out when they finish flying.
Once inside the app, tap on the three lines in the top left-hand corner. Note that you have the option to immediately sync your flights by tapping on "Sync Now." Tap on "Settings" to configure your sync parameters.
Once inside the settings, proceed to choose the configuration that best suits your needs — enabling "Auto Sync" is recommended.
Please note that the Smart Controller will force close all background applications (including AirData) when the DJI flight app is opened. With this in mind, please open the AirData app after you are finished flying to allow AirData to sync your flights with your AirData account.
Please refer to this video for a more in-depth walkthrough on uploading your flight logs with the AirData UAV Android app.
Can I log into the app if I don't have an internet connection?
After logging in to the app for the first time (with reception), you can log in to the app with or without reception in the future.
What if I am not connected to the internet? Will my flights sync?
Any flights conducted while offline will upload to your AirData account as soon as your device obtains an internet connection.
Will the app remember the login credentials for multiple pilots?
Yes! Each pilot that enables "Remember me" when logging in will be listed in the "Saved Logins" dropdown for quick access.
I have two Android devices. Do I need to install the AirData UAV app on both?
Yes, you need to install the app on each device you fly with, as the log files are stored on the phone/tablet.
My team has multiple pilots. In addition to logging in and out of the AirData UAV app, does each pilot need to log in and out of the DJI flight app before and after they fly?
It is not necessary for the pilots to log in and out of the DJI flight apps, unless they want to keep track of flights on their DJI account. AirData assigns the flight(s) to whichever pilot is logged in to the AirData UAV app (not the DJI flight app) when the flights are conducted.
|Comment Section||Sort by: